- FIVE-YEAR COMPREHENSIVE DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT PLAN 2018-2023
- RICE PRODUCTION PROGRAMS
Almost 6,000 hectares were planted by 4,000 farmers with Registry System for Basic Sectors in Agriculture (RSBSA). Through Rice Resiliency Programs (RRP) of the Department of Agriculture, the Local Government distributed 3,144 bags of Hybrid Rice Seeds to1,298 farmers and 3,360 Certified Rice Seeds bags to 786 other farmers.
And for Philrice through the Rice Competitiveness Enhancement Fund (RCEF ) of Republic Act Number 11203 also known as “ Rice Tariffication Law” It was promulgated to ensure food security and to make the countries agriculture sector viable, efficient and globally competitive, they distributed eleven thousand one hundred thirty two ( 11,132 ) bags of Certified Seeds @ 20 kilograms / bag for two thousand seven hundred ninety five ( 2,795 ) farmers. To add this, the Department of Agriculture distributed twenty three thousand eight hundred twenty (23,820) bags fertilizers to all farmers who are given Hybrid Rice Seeds and Certified Rice Seeds and registered to Registry System for Basic Sectors in Agriculture ( RSBSA ). The average yield for this certified rice seeds was 4.72 MT and for hybrid rice seeds was 4.87 MT.
Hybrid Rice Seeds and Inbred Certified Rice Seeds @ Function Hall Municipality of Arayat
Delivery of Urea Fertilizers
Delivery of Hybrid Seeds
A total of forty (40) farmer participants attended a Technical Briefing and actual learning for Farmers Field School (FFS) for Palay Check System @ Barangay Camba Arayat that was funded by the Municipal Local Government Unit (MLGU) through the support of Department of Agriculture Regional Field Office III (DARFO) and the Provincial Local Government Unit (PLGU), on February.
This aims to educate the farmers to engage themselves and their rice crops in new techniques in planting, monitoring, and harvesting their crops and to have healthier rice production.
Conducted Farmers Field School
The Philippine Crop Insurance Corporation ( PCIC ) is a government owned and controlled corporation ( GOCC ) created by virtue of P.D.1467 as amended by R.A. 8175. Philippine Crop Insurance Corporation ( PCIC ) is mandated to provide insurance protection to the country’s agricultural producers particularly the subsistence farmers against loss of their crops and on no crops agricultural assets on accounts of Natural Calamities such as typhoons, floods, droughts, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions, plants pests and diseases and or other pests.
In connection to this, there were seven hundred twenty four (724 ) farmers who received insurance PCIC. The said beneficiaries are affected by Typhoon and damaged by Insect Pests with an estimated 2,803 hectares of crops destructed by Natural Calamities such as typhoons, floods, droughts, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions, plants pests and diseases and or other pests. The PCIC released checks worth of P2,640,000.00 to the farmer recipients.
Crops, Livestocks and Life Insurance
The Department of Agriculture Next Gen project or Demo was conducted at Barangay Bitas on August to October,2020.
Next Gen project or Demo
The Department of Agriculture also provided assistance called Rice Farmers Financial Assistance ( RFFA ) to farmers whose land areas are 2 hectares and below. A total of 1,606 farmers were given 5,000 pesos and a sure aid of 15,000 pesos for 343 farmers.
Distribution of Rice Farmers Financial Assistance
Another grant from Department of Agriculture Regional Field Office III distributed to Farmers Association, Irrigators Association and Cooperatives are 6 Units of Shallow Tube Wells (STW), 1 Unit 4 wheeled Tractor, 1 Unit Combined Harvester, 2 Units Seed Spreader, 1 Unit Flash Dryer and 1 Unit Recirculating Dryer with Warehouse. All amounting to a total funded price 11,480,000.00 pesos
CORN PRODUCTION PROGRAMS
A total of 771 hectares were planted with hybrid green corn for 411 farmers and 1,120 hectares planted with hybrid yellow corn for 746 farmers. farmers. An average yield of 4 MT for green corn and 7 MT for yellow corn were produced.
The Department of Agriculture Regional Field Office III (DARFO) corn program also distributed 120 bags of yellow corn for selected farmers association and cooperatives members amounting to 600,000.00. In addition to this are 10 Units Shallow Tube Wells (STW) and 1 Unit Tractor.
Distribution of Seed Spreader or Fertilizer Applicator
HIGH VALUE COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
The Local Government through High Value Commercial Development Programs of the DA-RFO III also distributed vegetable seeds, onions seeds and provision of 10 rolls HDPE pipes, 10 Units Knapsack Sprayer, 2 Units Shallow Tube Wells (STW ), 1 Unit Power Sprayer and also Hanger Storage to the farmers of Barangay Matamo.
Due to Covid 19 Pandemic the Municipal Agriculture’s Office through the support of Hon. Mayor Emmanuel M, Alejandrino distributed assorted vegetables seedlings worth 136,000 pesos to all Barangays to promote backyard gardening and to achieved sustainable development and promoting healthy living gardening and produced fresh and pesticides free vegetables.
Distribution of Vegetable Seedlings
The Municipal Agriculture’s Office through Gender and Development (GAD)program vaccinated 7,500 dogs and cats to all barangays. In addition to this, the Provincial Veterinary Office and Bureau of Animal Industry (BAI ) also distributed 120 vials as support to the Republic Act Number 9482 also known as “ Anti Rabies Act of 2007 “ To protect and promote the right to health of the people , for the control, prevention of the spread and eventual eradication of human and animal Rabies and the need for responsible pet ownership.
Anti- Rabies Vaccination
The Department of Agriculture Regional Field Office III ( DARFO ) through Livestock Programs paid 1,403 heads of swine that were culled and affected by African Swine Fever ( ASF ) and distributed 20 heads Carabaos, 32 heads cattle, 20 heads goat and 3,000 heads Day Old Chicks ( DOC ).
Distribution of Checks for individuals affected by African swine fever(ASF)
Through the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources ( BFAR ) Region III, The LGU distributed 8 Units Solar Lamp, 15 Units Skylab and 100,000 Tilapia Fingerlings worth 134,600 pesos.
The Republic Act Number 10068 “Philippine Organic Agriculture Act of 2010“promotes ecologically sound and economically viable and dramatically reduce the use of chemical fertilizers and pesticides. It contributes to the following:
- Better farm income and sustainable livelihood.
- Improved health.
- Environmental protection
- Disaster risk reduction and resistance to Climate Change and social justices.
Arayat Local Government through the Department of Agriculture Regional Field Office III ( DARFO ) provided 100 Liters of Molasses, 100 bags Chicken Manures, 15 Kilograms Assorted Vegetable Seeds and 20 pieces seedling trays to 4P’s members and to the Arayat National High School as beneficiaries with the theme “ Community Base Vegetable Gardening “.
INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT PROGRAMS
The Integrated Pest Management is a broad approach that integrates practices for economic control of pests. It aims to suppress pest population specially the harmful Insects below the economic injury level.
In connection to this, the LGU through the DA-RFO III distributed 200 packs of Verno, 50 sachets Growth Enhancer, 60 packs Biozome, 3 boxes Astror, 1 Bottle Discarb, 4 boxes Ratkill, and 5 boxes Zinc Phosphide. Another company distributed 420 bottles BLB Stopper.
Distribution of Rodenticides
Other government agencies distributed farm supplies and farm machineries namely:
- Department of Agriculture Regional Field Office III (DARFO) through Philippine Rural Development Project (PRDP)
- Units Shallow Tube Wells ( STW )
- Units Hand tractor with trailer
- 1 Unit Reaper
- 3 Units Mini Tractor and Corn Seeds
- 1 Unit Farrower
- 1 Unit Onion Seeder
- 5 Units Hand Tractor with trailer
- 5 Units
- Wheeled drive tractor
- 1 Unit Combined Harvester
- Department of Science and Technology ( DOST )
- 1 Unit Solar Pump
- Department of Agrarian Reform ( DAR )
- 1 Unit Power Sprayer
- 1 Unit Hand Tractor
- 2 Units Shallow Tube Well ( STW )
- 38 Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries ( ARB ) of farm inputs
- Agricultural Training Institute ( ATI )
- 5 bags Sweet Corn
- 5 pieces Shovel
- 5 Units Knapsack Sprayer
- 10 Kilograms Assorted Vegetable Seeds
- 1 Unit Incubator
- 1 Unit Hatchery
- 23 bags Feeds
- 47 heads Chicken
- 10 bags fertilizers
Distribution of Four Wheeled Tractor
Distribution of Rice Reaper
Distribution of Combined Harvester
Farm to Market Roads
The Arayat Municipal Tourism Office participated in the COVID 19 Pandemic mitigation and quarantine protocols being implemented in the entire country. Due to the quarantine protocols all non-essential businesses, industries and services including tourism related Businesses and Enterprises were closed. Despite the closure and the stoppage of all tourism activities, the municipal tourism office shifted its manpower in support of the formation of the Municipal Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF EID). The Tourism officer joined the municipal IATF-EID and was designated as the Secretariat.
The Municipal Tourism Officer and staff functioning as the IATF EID secretariat played key roles in the information campaign and in the smooth operation of the taskforce. The Tourism officer also joined the MDRRMO as support staff and also is part of the initial contact tracing team of the municipality. While in the task force, the tourism office helped in the following:
- Served as the municipal IATF EID secretariat, in charge of the communications and information campaigns
- Served as research and planning officer of the Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office (MDRRMO)
- Actively participated with the MDRRMO’s disaster response activities like, typhoon watch, search and retrieval operations among others.
- Actively participated in the contact tracing programs
- Served as Medtech assistant in the specimen collection for the Covid19 random testing program of the Provincial capitol.
- Actively participated in the HOTMAPPING of the Office of Civil Defense in the tagging and mapping of high-risk infrastructures and facilities within the municipality
- Participated in the IATF EID quarantine planning and COVID19 mitigation
- Participated in Web Seminars regarding COVID19 health and safety protocols
- Participated in the Department of Tourism Seminars regarding tourism in the midst of pandemic
- Relayed health and safety protocols to affected tourism Enterprises and businesses
- Guided hotels and resorts on the process of having their establishments accredited by DOT while the pandemic is on-going.
- Submitted the Tourism 2019 SGLG documents to the Provincial Tourism Office
- The tourism office continued to support local tourism advocacy and heritage activities like the Mrs. Philippines and the commemoration of the local town hero, Gen. Alejandrino day.
- Participated in the Balik Probinsya program of the Provincial Capitol by guiding returning OFWs and returning Kababayans on the process of availing the Balik Probinsya Program perks and benefits.
- Co-authored the Municipal Ordinance on Calibrated Rental fees in time of the pandemic to help ease the burden of the businesses renting their business spaces and to prevent them from completely shutting down, thus preventing more job loss.
Tourism Related Activites:
Participated in the following activities:
-Department of Tourism Region III -Virtual Zoom Meeting
-Celebration of. Gen. Jose Alejandrino Day
-Zoom interview with GMA Network Staff
-Mirs. Philippines 2020 visit
IATF EID Activities:
-Regional IATF 3 Screening and Validation Committee Meeting
-Zoom Webinar on Continuity Planning
-Regional IATF 3 Screening and Validation Committee Meeting
-Zoom Webinar on Continuity Planning
-MDRRO duties during for the aftermath of typhoon ulyssis
-Humanitarian Open Street Map Team Training
Assistance to Municipal Health Office:
-Arayat National Park Quarantine Facility Inspection
-Assistance to the Oversea
THE PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT SERVICE OFFICE (PESO) of Arayat was able to conduct the following activities for 2020:
- Job Hiring such as Local Recruitment Activity or LRA / Special Recruitment Activity or SRA and Program Expanded Job Caravan of
- Computer Learning sponsored by DITC.
- Profiling of 47 Scavenger Beneficiaries/ Distribution of Goods and Financial Assistance for Arayat Scavengers.
- Awarding of Bigasan / Putohan/ Push Kart at Capitol Compound, City of San Fernando Pampanga.
- Awarding of 49 Beneficiaries for Kabuhayan Program (Food Stall) from DOLE
- Profiling of 1,650 Beneficiaries for Tulong Pang-hanapbuhay para sa Ating Disadvantaged/ Displaced Workers or TUPAD.
- Contract Signing for 200 Beneficiaries of Special Program for the Employment Students or SPES.
- Job Hiring Local Recruitment Activity or LRA / Special Recruitment Activity or SRA
There are also Program Expanded Job Caravan for Barangays from the following companies.
- Pampanga Steel Corporation or PSM Company.
- La Rose Noire company
- Luenthai Agency
- Save More
- Maxiplus Marketing Corporation
- XVI Agency Call Center
- New Zealand for Skilled Workers
- Work Asia International Recruitment Agency Inc.
- Computer Learning Department of Information and Communication Technology or DICT.
- Launching and MOA Signing with Mayor Emmanuel Alejandrino and Municipal Administrator Mr. Ronald Venasquez and Regional Director Mr. Reynaldo T. Sy of DICT.
- Profiling Scavenger Beneficiaries/ Distributing Goods and Financial Assistance.
- Awarding for Bigasan / Putohan/ Push Kart @ city Capitol City of Sanfernando Pampanga.
- Awarding for Kabuhayan Program (Foodstall) from DOLE with Provincial Director MS. Arlene Tolentino.
- Profiling 49 beneficiaries / Orientation and Distribution of Uniforms and preparing for Food stall materials.)
- Another special awarding for Food stall
- Profiling and assisting of 1,650 TUPAD beneficiaries Tulong Pang-hanapbuhay para sa Ating Disadvantaged/ Displaced Workers.
- Signing of Contract for 200 Beneficiaries for SPES or Special Program for the Employment Students. (signing by batch)